• Investor
  • Ocala, FL
Votes |
I quit my job, maybe this post will inspire you to do the same

Chris Marshall
  • Investor
  • Ocala, FL
Posted Jan 4 2018, 14:58
I quit my job back in March of 2017 and here is why. My goal for real estate investing was pretty much like everyone else’s. Financial freedom. I also didn’t want to work for an employer. It was killing my soul. Banks at the time wouldn’t lend to me for at least another year and I was having difficulty understanding how to actually get private money. I decided if it would take at least a year before I could afford to do my own flip why not start my own business being a general contractor and renovating other people’s homes for them so I could learn. I had been in construction for many years but never a general contractor and most of things I had no clue how to do. But I knew I wanted to do flips. Recently I just finished up my first renovation on a customers basement. It was a 1000sqft apartment (for their elderly mother) in a basement in a very nice house worth at least a million dollars and I was very fortunate that they allowed me to be the general on the job and that they gave me a chance. It all worked out well and although it wasn’t my own real estate I am very happy that I am on my journey. I have one bank that will finally look at lending to me once this years taxes are completed for my business but until then I am starting yet another renovation. This time a full gut job on an older home. Without bigger pockets I’m sure I’d still be sitting at a desk selling insurance just dreaming about owning my own business. I still don’t own any rentals and haven’t done a flip but I’m closer than I was in the beginning of this year and I’ve been working for my self this whole time. It’s been very nice. So thank you bigger pockets. I know I am not on here very often and I don’t post often but you still inspire me and keep me motivated to keep pushing.

Loading replies...