• Rental Property Investor
  • Madison, WI
Votes |
Diary of our upstairs- personal residence

Tanya F.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Madison, WI
Posted Jan 27 2018, 20:06

This is a little late starting, but I'll catch up quickly from planning to mid-project in this first post.

We have a small house, started off at 750 sq ft when I bought it. I've added a sunroom (in 1995) and extended our bedroom (in 2001) bringing the house to 1100 sq ft. This year the roof was leaking so it was time to decide if we wanted to change the roof line when we replaced the roof. We added a 500 sq ft second floor. 

The work started this November 13th, and the framers were done before the end of the year. The outside is now complete. For the inside- the contractors took care of some of the insulation- air sealing so that the electrician still has access to what he needs.  For the rest - we're taking it from here!

We've got a favorite electrician, who will come in early March. We've been talking to HVAC people, have three bids already. The first floor has forced-air gas system and it's looking like we'll go with a minisplit system for the second floor. Then we'll do the drywall and trim. Probably hire out for the flooring, or maybe we will do it. We're not in a rush.

First week:

Week 3:

Exterior finished

We can't afford to re-side the whole house right now, so we picked a color that coordinated well with the existing.

More updates on interior progress as we have them. Pretty boring looking right now.

Loading replies...