Diary of our upstairs- personal residence

37 Replies

Shower surround installation.... 2 out of 3 panels in!!  They've still got the protective plastic coating on until everything else is done.........Plumber comes back on 3/14 for putting in the fixtures

Need to take a break to deal with two ice dams. Roof leaking and water is coming in. Both at a rental a couple of hours away from here, and also another one closer.

Ugh.

Window sills are next! Tomorrow's fourth of July project.

Mid August we'll have the hardwood floors refinished.  Will post a photo after that's done.

Bathroom is fully functional- we've already had guests stay up in the space, on three separate occasions!  We built both the vanity and the linen closet. Haven't ordered doors for those cabinets yet, but that will be soon.

One window is a little crooked, it turns out. Beyond what we can compensate for with the window trim. The contractors came back to fix today, and tomorrow we will install the last window casing!
Floors are sanded and finished this Thursday. We are excited. I will post a photo next week.
Then we just have baseboard, closest shelving, closet doors. And to cut open the final wall to put in those french doors mentioned above. 
We'll be moving our bedroom upstairs, so have been shopping for furniture for our current bedroom (that will be the new guest room). Found a nice used platform bed frame for $25.  :-)

Our building permit lasts two years. Those two years are up in November. Three months from now.....We can finish by then.

Updated 4 months ago

clearly I don't know how to add multiple photos to one post. I dragged the photo in, and it wouldn't let me drag a second one...

Finished the baseboards. Hung the bathroom door. Today we install railings. Yesterday marked two years from the start of the project.

Building permits last two years. We're hoping to have the final inspection this week (???!!!!)

More photos once we're all done

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here