Need help finding a good general contractor in Cleveland Ohio

3 Replies

Need help with finding good general contractors in Cleveland Ohio.

I have a house in Richmond Hts will be transform to a rental property. Need some renovation before rent it out. Have a hard time finding a general contractor since I am out of states. The good one with recommendations is busy all the time. Others are someone asking for 75% upfront as a deposit on a 5000$ project. Is this normal?  

Also I am getting a duplex in Lakewood that need some updates as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by @Chompunut Asava-aree :

Need help with finding good general contractors in Cleveland Ohio.

I have a house in Richmond Hts will be transform to a rental property. Need some renovation before rent it out. Have a hard time finding a general contractor since I am out of states. The good one with recommendations is busy all the time. Others are someone asking for 75% upfront as a deposit on a 5000$ project. Is this normal?  

Also I am getting a duplex in Lakewood that need some updates as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Deposits up front are totally normal. 75% is a little steep but that's probably due to the fact that you are out of town & the contractor doesn't know or trust you. Most contractors aren't used to working with those who are not local.

Hey Chompunut, 

I would NEVER give a deposit!

I can tell ya the good and bad in town if ya want to message me. Dont want to promote or slam folks on public forum. 

I have worked with a TON of those guys in NE Ohio,. they are a different breed, LOL

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here