Need help finding a good general contractor in Cleveland Ohio

3 Replies

Need help with finding good general contractors in Cleveland Ohio.

I have a house in Richmond Hts will be transform to a rental property. Need some renovation before rent it out. Have a hard time finding a general contractor since I am out of states. The good one with recommendations is busy all the time. Others are someone asking for 75% upfront as a deposit on a 5000$ project. Is this normal?  

Also I am getting a duplex in Lakewood that need some updates as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by @Chompunut Asava-aree :

Need help with finding good general contractors in Cleveland Ohio.

I have a house in Richmond Hts will be transform to a rental property. Need some renovation before rent it out. Have a hard time finding a general contractor since I am out of states. The good one with recommendations is busy all the time. Others are someone asking for 75% upfront as a deposit on a 5000$ project. Is this normal?  

Also I am getting a duplex in Lakewood that need some updates as well. 

Thanks in advance!

Deposits up front are totally normal. 75% is a little steep but that's probably due to the fact that you are out of town & the contractor doesn't know or trust you. Most contractors aren't used to working with those who are not local.

James Wise, Real Estate Agent in OH (#2015001161)
216-661-6633

Hey Chompunut, 

I would NEVER give a deposit!

I can tell ya the good and bad in town if ya want to message me. Dont want to promote or slam folks on public forum. 

I have worked with a TON of those guys in NE Ohio,. they are a different breed, LOL

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.