Estimated renovation cost

4 Replies

Hi all!

I have a unit to renovate in boston and wanted to know labor cost (including only rough materials typically supplied by the contractor) of

1) a averaged sized kitchen remodel (i.e. Demo old kitchen, install new cabinets, appliances, floor tiling and backsplash )

2) bathroom remodel (demo old bathroom install new tub, floor and wall tiling, vanity etc). 

I am assuming no major plumbing upgrades. 

Somewhere between $ 100 and $100,000 .  But I still could be a bit off .

Sorry but you didnt give enough information 

The most accurate (and beneficial to your overall experience) would be to call some local contractors and have them come give you some bids.   

Michael Ablan, Real Estate Agent in NY (#10401289490)

No way to accurately price this for you. Either we need a lot more details, size, layouts, what style cabinet, counters, appliances (at that point you could probably find out costs yourself), or have contractors need to price it for you.

You can start by going out to a big box website and add all the materials to your cart. That will give you the materials cost which can be highly variable on kitchens and bathrooms. From there, you can go to a website like fixr.com to get labor costs. This will at least give you a starting point for when you start getting bids. Researching all the materials needed also helps understand the general right way that each section of the home goes together, helping you to identify if a contractor cuts big corners. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.