House and garage don't match

1 Reply

I just finished a rehab that included a total tear down and rebuild of a detached garage. The problem is that the contractor claimed he was unable to match the vinyl siding on the new garage to the house. So now the garage is white and the house is a light yellow. The contractor claims he can paint the siding of the house to match the garage but that he needs at least 2 days where the temperature is above 50 degrees and stays above freezing at night. It is February in New England so I don't know how long that would take.

My holding costs are around $3,900/mo. My question is: do I hold it for another 30 days or so and list it once it is repainted or list it now with the non-matching colors?

Originally posted by @Stephen R. :

I just finished a rehab that included a total tear down and rebuild of a detached garage. The problem is that the contractor claimed he was unable to match the vinyl siding on the new garage to the house. So now the garage is white and the house is a light yellow. The contractor claims he can paint the siding of the house to match the garage but that he needs at least 2 days where the temperature is above 50 degrees and stays above freezing at night. It is February in New England so I don't know how long that would take.

My holding costs are around $3,900/mo. My question is: do I hold it for another 30 days or so and list it once it is repainted or list it now with the non-matching colors?

I would list now, and in the remarks on the MLS add in that "seller is willing to negotiate the repainting of the house to white"

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you