• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Liberty
Votes |
Don’t get discouraged!

Tyler Evans
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Liberty
Posted Apr 22 2018, 12:09
I know easier said than done...but everything is fixable!! It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted on here...and you know life is crazy! Long story short, bought and sold condos in oak grove. Flipped another in Lee’s Summit. Got married, bought and sold a salon, quit my job and started a Contracting Company with my wife. Today we’re sitting in a heated house taking shelter from the wind. We have worked from 8A.M to roughly midnight for the past two months straight. Living off of el Monterey burritos and hot dogs, we even canceled our honeymoon. Why you ask...?!! Bought a house cash and have been completely remodeling from the studs in. This has been our dream for the past four years and as we start this journey together I realized there are so many unforeseen battles that will rage on and beat you down on flips, especially when you tackle vacant homes and decide to bring them back to life! We’ve done everything from rim joist, main water lines, all new plumbing. We moved the dangerous non code complaint electric mast and panel. We’ve ran into snake infestations, termites, mold, and even breakins by the locals. The barn caught fire, we had no plumbing for three months, the list goes on and on. Without telling the entire story we are currently working out issues with our buyers. Starting on the siding and roofing and all the finishing touches, we can’t wait to be done and start our next house which is vacant and demo begins in 3 weeks (follow to see updates) What I’m getting at is, the flipping world is not for the weak, you will get beat down, you will fail but in the end once you finally achieve your goals and jump those hurdles you’ll be sitting in a heating house looking at your accomplishments and realize everything you’ve worked so hard for this past few months is now a reality and it’s time to enjoy it! While there are so many successes stories and get rich quick flipping seminars my wife and I just want to share our stories and hope to be an inspiration to other flippers and real estate investors. We gotta stick together, help each other out in this crazy career choice! Good luck to you all and I’d love to hear some of your guys experiences as well!

Loading replies...