Insurance on a vacant rehab

5 Replies

Check with your agent but he sold us a product through a company called FOREMOST.  They underwrite stuff for that.  Would typically need to have your project at a minimally complete level.  You'll have to talk to them about it.  For us they wanted most of the exterior stuff done and then same thing on the interior.. In terms of the systems work - plumbing, electrical.

So we only used them for about 2 months if my memory serves.

I'm sorry about the previous post is I'm using voice command and I didn't proofread the inside of the property is gutted. There has been a roof put on but the windows have been put in and there is no Plumbing or electrical are HVAC at this stage

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

  • Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you