Termites in potential fix and flip?

5 Replies

Hey guys,

I am looking at buying a foreclosure to fix and flip. The house I am offering on definitely needs repair. Now, I am no expert on this, but thought of asking BP nation of your thoughts. Is this an indication of termites behind the bath tub? Thanks for any answers!

@Naeem Kapasi - I would recommend you go ahead and pay for a termite inspection. It’s much better to pay a few hundred bucks up front to know if there is any termite damage and the extent. Termite repair ranges based on a number of factors so it’s impossible to say. In my opinion it’s much better to pay a few hundred bucks to know for certain than buy the property and have potentially thousands of dollars in unexpected costs down the line. Better to lose a few hundred dollars and walk away from a bad deal because you did your due diligence, than lose your butt because you didn’t.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you