What’s the most contractor bids you’ve gotten?

2 Replies

Just curious how many contractors people have had to talk to before finding the right one for the job. So far for my current rehab I’ve probably talked to 15-20 general contractors on the phone. 7 have come to bid, 4 have flaked out and never got back to me on the bid, 2 were over priced and one seemed kinda clueless. Still searching. How is everyone else’s funnel looking?

Reduce your scope and build up a relationship of trust (on both ends) with high quality candidates.

Go to a lumber yard and talk to sales person and find out who they like the most (buys lot and pays on time)... 

It's possible they don't think you're serious for whatever reason or you just managed to find a large group of bad contractors ...

If you are getting that many quotes....someone is going to lowball you to get the job then end up charging you twice as much to complete the job.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you