Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Lance Riggen
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Eugene oregon
Votes |
Flip got broken into- Insurance doesn't cover theft- suggestions?

Lance Riggen
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Eugene oregon
Posted Jan 22 2019, 20:03

So our current flip got broken into, hand tools stolen  (yes I know, it was the first time I forgot to bring them home with me) but the door got kicked in and broke the frame/door and they stole the new range too.....The RANGE! Probably not crack heads, and I am sure they were scoping out the property. Anyways to make a long story short our insurance is for vacant property and while I opted for vandalism coverage my deductable is $1000 so its not worth it for a $300 door and the range isnt covered at all. My question is what type of insurance is everyone using? The claims adjuster today told me as he was denying my claim that vacant property is high risk for theft and most companies dont cover theft of personal items. However I need to find a company that will put my mind at ease knowing that they will cover more than fire. Hoping for suggestions. Also if anyone has had luck with a good camera or doorbell system I would love to hear what you've had luck with and was user friendly.

Ps: Local police told me there had been another break-in in the area last month and the house was finished and staged and someone wiped everything from the home (appliances, sinks) even the chandeliers, smh! Be alert and keep your stuff safe.

Thanks!

Loading replies...