• Chicago, IL
Votes |
A/C Installation Recommendations

Matt Michaels
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 24 2019, 03:56

Hello!

Brief background, I own a top/bottom duplex in Pittsburgh and am looking to get two, separate air condensers installed for the top and bottom unit. The units have separate heating systems currently and separate duct work, and each unit is between 1200-1250 sq ft. There is limited installation in the attic and the house is directly exposed to the sun ~60% of the day, a tall tree provides cover in the evening hours when the sun is setting.

With that being said, there are a lot of options in terms of the product brand, product size, etc and I was looking for personal recommendations from individuals who have gone through this before.

Due to my location in the Northeast and more specifically Pittsburgh, I was thinking of getting two, 13 SEER Rheem air condensers? Does that feel right in terms of the size? I was thinking Rheem but also researched and saw Carrier is a solid brand?...

Any advice about the product brand, SEER size, or other food for thought I should be considering when making this decision would be greatly appreciated!

Hope you have a nice Memorial Day weekend and thank you in advance for your time!

MJM

Loading replies...