Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Votes |
Thoughts on building from the ground up.

Joseph Beilke
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Palm Coast, FL
Posted Jul 3 2019, 12:12

So I have been on BP reading many books and the forums, and listing to many many Pod Cast for close to a year. In my town of Palm Coast, FL it seems that there really is nothing in the ROI of 5% or better. The big money guy over bid on auction home just to increase there volume and little ole me can't see making this kinda investment when my money sitting in mutual funds have been preforming very well. So I decided to look another direction, I'm looking to buy a lot and build from the ground up. Being a Real Estate Agent I would list it for sale and keep my own commission. I feel like if price and built right I could get a 12-15% on the first house and hopefully build a second and so one with better pricing from subs to increase my returns to 20-25% over the next 3-5 years.

I have GC and he has all the subs and architect to modify the plans I have chosen to meet the local reqiurements , so that pretty much puts me getting ready to pull the trigger on a lot, after I ref my own house. So my questions today are how would you buy the lot, should I buy it in an LLC? Would you cash out your mutual funds to pay for the build or look for hard money? Let start with these and if anyone has gone this route any advice is greatly appreciated.

• Real Estate Agent Florida (#SL3346780)

enkore Real Estate Logo

Loading replies...