Remote Structural Designer

2 Replies

I am a structural designer-CAD drafter able to complete permit drawings and design structures (elevated slabs, driveways, residential additions, decks [steel and wood]). I'm now working remotely. How can bigger pockets help me connect with people that need my services?

@Rayshawn Holmes

I'm curious, why would anyone hire a remote contractor for things that require exact measurements ? I've seen too many projects go wrong because an onsite visit for measurements was either not done or not done properly.

A structural designer is not a replacement for a framing contractor but a supplement to a team of contractors. A good designer can optimize performance and value of the materials used in a structure. Some projects need a solid concept/design for the contractors to quote. Others may need creative approaches (combining steel and wood). I have experience in designing using sawn cut lumber, ewp, and steel. I can do simple projects, but my true value comes with the more complex projects.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you