Bathroom woes, what would you pay? WOULD you pay?

3 Replies

So, it came time to remodel my downstairs apartment how to get this done quickly so I ended up using a contractor to replace my tub & walls. It's not a full rebath as the old tub was removed and they used "acrylic " walls. Essentially they glued a sheet onto a wall. So, end of the 14 hour day. I'm left with this.

Essentially I told them I wouldn't song any finance paperwork until it was rectified. The walls "look" like a stone, however the bead wasn't spread around so there's waves and squishes when you press on it. A simple tooth trowel would have stopped this.

Do t know how to load pics via mobile so I'll update on my computer.

@John Kaspar

Aha!  Very good.  Sorry about the unhappy contractor experiences.  We've all had them.  What did you have re: a scope of work/documentation for quality expectations?  Who picked the materials?  This will dictate how much leg you have to stand on to withhold payment IMO.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you