Master Bedroom Suite without Windows?

3 Replies

Hey everybody! Considering putting an offer on a 3 bed/1 bath because we want to add a bathroom to make a master suite. However, the current "master bedroom" is in the middle of the house. No windows. The way we are trying to reconfigure it ends up with still no windows in the master bedroom. Has anyone come across a master suite with no windows? I'm just thinking not many people would be okay with such a nice master suite but no windows. I feel like it will lower the price considerably even in a neighborhood that needs more 2 baths. Thank you for any responses I get. I value yall's opinions and experience greatly :)
Originally posted by @Jamie Hailey :
Hey everybody! Considering putting an offer on a 3 bed/1 bath because we want to add a bathroom to make a master suite. However, the current "master bedroom" is in the middle of the house. No windows. The way we are trying to reconfigure it ends up with still no windows in the master bedroom. Has anyone come across a master suite with no windows? I'm just thinking not many people would be okay with such a nice master suite but no windows. I feel like it will lower the price considerably even in a neighborhood that needs more 2 baths. Thank you for any responses I get. I value yall's opinions and experience greatly :)

It might not meet minimum standards for lending if it doesn't have windows. There is a safety concern in the event of a fire.

@Jamie Hailey See how much it would cost to just add a window to the room. Look for deals on craigslist or special order returns of large windows at home depot and throw the biggest size you find in there. Installation will cost about the same whether it's a small or large window.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here