• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Fort Lauderdale
Votes |
Why would general contractors decline??

Anthony Brancato
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Fort Lauderdale
Posted Jan 9 2021, 08:16

I’m writing multiple contractors in my area. Ones with good portfolios, before and afters, etc.

I’ve had two reply with “not interested”, “I don’t do this type of work”. Then I go back and they clearly do this type of work lol.

I’ve also had one saying yes they would love to meet up.

I’m just wondering if contractors don’t like working with investors and would rather work directly with homeowners instead?

I’m not offended or anything, just curious the thought process.

Here’s my email I’m sending out:

Good afternoon!

My name is Anthony Brancato and I’m the owner of Marone Rock Rehabbers. I am currently doing a preliminary search for contractors to team up with in the Chicagoland area.

I will be doing full remodels on residential houses (flips). I am not looking for a quote yet as I won’t be buying this property until March timeframe. But I am getting a few GC’s in line so we are ready to go on day one.

I saw some of your work online and was impressed by the quality and amazing design you brought.

So I am writing to see if you are able to take on a large project in the next couple of months (and more though the next year). Also if you have worked with investors already in this capacity (flipping/investors).

If not, it would be amazing if you could refer a GC in the area that is capable.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Loading replies...