Phoenix Area Contractors

3 Replies

If anyone has a referral for a contractor capable of constructing and even planning/designing ADU's or additions please share. Thank you.

Hi Rodney. These guys are located in Fresno, CA and build these tiny homes. Understandably, they are built on a trailer platform (which might be a zoning issue in your location). However, the price is much less than a full scale ADU. I was getting quotes for over $100k when I looked at 400-500 sq ft ADUs. These are not as spacious as a a full ADU buildout but if you're considering the STR option than I'm guessing that these offer a much better cash flow.

https://www.californiatinyhous...

@Jared Cooper

Thank you for that. My goal was to add independent units with bath/kitchen since my lot is zoned for MF. However any standalone unit has to be attached to the principal property, ruling out an ADU. How many contractors quoted you 200-250 per sq ft to get to 100k?

Hi Rodney,

I received some "rough" quotes from speaking with contractors. This was for a detached unit with bathroom, shower, kitchen and utilities connected. It was also assumed to be built on concrete slab. They indicated that it would be well over $100k. I've seen some attached garage conversions which look a lot more doable and are probably less expensive. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you