Ep 17: Build a Business with (Almost) No Capital w Alan Donegan

8 Replies

Alan Donegan watched and helped his father run a super successful sportswear company—until the economy shifted and they lost everything.

Determined to not follow this path, Alan got a job. Then another and another and another. He couldn’t find anything he wanted to do, so he created his own job, teaching people how to create theirs.

Taking lessons from his father’s experiences, Alan teaches entrepreneurs how to start really small and test the idea before jumping in with both feet. If you have an entrepreneurial itch, this is a can’t-miss episode.

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

I really liked this esipode!  Alan is funny and very informative. Pop up businesses, borrowing what's already available, lean and mean try it out first... excellent! 

Oh yeah- Mindy and Scott were awesome, too.  Great flow!  PS- what the heck is an escape room??

I think, ultimately, there are going to be even more movements in the industry towards low start-up opportunities. A lot of great content being created and wonderful opportunities, not just in a specific region, but all around the globe!

Great show! Alan was a lot of fun to listen to and he had a powerful personal story! I’m doing searches on Alibaba now to see what products I can sell... I’ve never done anything like this, never thought of myself as a salesman, but I gotta start somewhere. Plus, I need capital to invest in Real Estate and I gotta try something to supplement my current income. Thanks for this show!

This post has been removed.

This was one of the first bigger pockets money episodes I ever listened to. It just so happened that I was able to sign up for Alan's Popup Business school and attend last september. Not only is he a phenomenal teacher he is incredibly funny, intelligent and approachable! So thankful that you guys featured him on this episode. I know its been awhile, but I just wanted to say thanks!

I can't thank you guys enough for creating such an amazing platform! As a budding investor, I feel more empowered than ever to take the plunge and really live the experience of buying and holding a property!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here