Ep 31. How to Boost Your Income & Investing for Financial Freedom

8 Replies

Continuing where we left off from last week’s episode, this show discusses increasing your income by recognizing existing opportunities and making your own opportunities through side hustles.

The show progresses through investing basics, both traditional stock market investments as well as real estate investing. (This is BiggerPockets, after all.)

Do you have your spending under control? This is the show that takes you to the next step in your journey—increasing your income to grow your wealth.

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

A great episode, especially since I'm in the market for a side hustle and job! The Budgets Are Sexy side hustle list was really helpful, too, and I'm already looking to incorporate a few of their suggestions. Thanks so much, Scott and Mindy!

Great podcast...you guys are catching your stride.

FYI...I'd recommend getting Jillian Johnsrud on the podcast...phenomenal story and an articulate guest.  And, I believe you were looking for guests with families.

Another great podcast.  @Scott Trench , you mentioned that you listen to audio books while doing other things and when you stop listening, you then analyze it.  What does that mean?  Thinking about the ideas? Reflecting? taking notes?

thanks 

@John Clark   Scott's comment was familiar to me as most of my audio book listening is also when I'm 'doing other things'. Sometimes I have the opportunity to stop and take a couple notes on my phone, but mostly I'm sitting later and thinking about some key points in what I heard and capturing the take-aways as they apply to me.  With some books that really have resonated, like 4 Hour Work Week, Miracle Mornings, Cash Flow Quadrant, etc, I've purchased the physical book in follow-up so I can highlight, bookmark, and reference all the good themes and resources.

@Mindy Jensen

"It's WORK. Nobody is just going to say, 'Oh, did you WANT $275,000? Here.' Except for the government. The government's like, 'Oh, you know how you just made that worth more money? I'll just give you a pass.' "

Best explanation of the logic of the live-in flip I've ever heard.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here