Bonus Episode: Debt Free in Three Years w/ Zina Kumok

4 Replies

Zina Kumok’s parents immigrated to the United States with no money or education, completely unprepared for the consumerist society they found themselves in. They quickly got into credit card debt in order to have the lifestyle they “deserved.”

An avid listener of Dave Ramsey, Zina quickly determined she did not want to ever be in debt. However, she graduated with $24,000 in student loan debt and made it her mission to pay that off as soon as she could. Every single extra dime she found, she threw at her debt until it was all gone.

Once the debt was gone, Zina realized that she needed to ramp up her investing. Not one to just “show up and wing it,” she set about learning how to invest properly.

Zina’s story illustrates that you CAN pay off debt while making a lower salary, you CAN pursue financial independence while self-employed, and your past does not have to define you.

Listen here or on your favorite podcast app.

Sounds great, can't wait to listen to it on my drive later today. The story sounds similar to my childhood.

Zina's story sounds amazing. I am very happy for her financial success. I  can't wait to listen to it later on today.

You're making me think I shouldn't carry more than 250k in revolving debt?!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here