Code enforcement called my signs

5 Replies

I posted a few bandit signs advertising a side business. About a week later I get a voicemail from a recording starting that my signs are illegal and have be reported and I have 24 hours to remove them or I could face $100 fine per day per sign. As soon as I got the message I went to remove the signs at all the places I remembered putting them out. I used a google voice number. What is the likelihood of them doing anything? Thanks for your input.

Code enforcement does not play around Even though you have a google number their is still a possibility they can find you.

Sometimes other wholesalers might try to scare competitors in removing their signs also------

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

Every time there's another seminar in town we see an influx of 'John Doe buys houses' & the signs become an eyesore. Much like the political signs this week that will linger longer & more tattered than a political promise. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you