Skip to content
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice

User Stats

Votes
Jeryes Freih
  • Stormville, NY
Votes |
Bank Financed BRRR of 4Plex with 3 units actively rented...

Jeryes Freih
  • Stormville, NY
Posted Jan 22 2019, 17:52

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) other investment in Wappingers Falls.

Purchase price: $330,000
Cash invested: $85,000

I am in contract to purchase a 4 family for 330,000 with a 10,000 seller concession that has 3 2bed/1bath units rented at 1300 a month and 1 1bed/1bath that needs to be gutted. There are some other exterior repairs needed as well. All in all it looks like I need about $25,000 in repairs. I believe the property after repairs will appraise at $425,000. I am trying to us the BRRR strategy through a bank as well. I have a bank that is going to give me 75% LTV on the 1st mortgage then after I make the repairs and reappraise the property they guaranteed me 80% CLTV on the 2nd mortgage. Hopefully I will be able to pull out $110,000 from the 2nd mortgage. The total rents will be $5,100 and can be increase to $5,500 over the next year. So all in all I will be able to pull out everything i put in and still cashflow $800 a month.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I feel that BRRR is the fastest way to grow net worth and achieve FI. In my area (NYC region) overhead costs are very high and you need a minimum of 4 units to get the numbers to work.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found it through MLS. Initially, I did not pay much attention to the property. The listing did not represent the property potential. The listing was asking 385K. I made an offer of 330K before seeing the property. We settled on 340K. We got in to see the place and I saw the repairs would take about $35,000 if I hired a contractor. SO I had a home inspection done and estimates from a licensed GC. I then made a new offer of 320K and disclosed the repairs. They agreed and we are now in contract.

How did you finance this deal?

So far bank financed with the Down Payment being from my primary residence HELOC.

How did you add value to the deal?

Gut the 1 bed/1bath and make the necessary repairs and increase curb appeal

What was the outcome?

we will see.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

getting bank financing with a property that has some safety repairs needed is not easy....