Gus Muller
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
My third flip back in 2012

Gus Muller
  • Minneapolis, MN
Posted Feb 20 2019, 12:52

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment in Minneapolis.

Purchase price: $92,900
Cash invested: $65,000
Sale price: $226,000

My third flip in 2012

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I could immediately tell from the pictures that this house had "the bones". Beautiful craftsman woodwork, large inviting entryway, and a huge master bedroom upstairs.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this through the MLS as I am a licensed broker. The negotiating was pretty straight forward. Multiple offers, but I had built rapport with the trustee that I bumped into at the showing.

How did you finance this deal?

100% of my own cash.

How did you add value to the deal?

Added a 3/4 bathroom upstairs to service the large master bedroom. Full renovation, and kept many of the original features and charm. Exposed the brick chimney in the kitchen which added a nice bit of eye candy and flair.

What was the outcome?

It was excellent. We asked $240K and had a full priced offer immediately. A local appraiser screwed me with a low appraisal, so we decided to split the difference and we took $226K.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I was the first person to see the house within an hour of it listing. I spent maybe 10 minutes there, and proceeded to head towards the front door so I could get my offer in. On my way out, I noticed a woman in one of the bedrooms going through some paperwork. I had made it all the way outside, and decided to turn around, having a hunch she was involved with the home. I told her I would restore the home, let her come and see it, and let her know I was making a full cash offer. This did it!!!

• Broker Minnesota (#40632642) and Minnesota (#BC756273)

True Neighbor - www.trueneighbor.com Logo