Votes |
***New deal ALERT!! Duplex in the city

Solomon Morris
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Maryland
Posted Mar 6 2019, 15:58

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment in Baltimore.

Purchase price: $145,000
Cash invested: $67,000

A Duplex in Baltimore city!

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

The numbers made sense. I had the opportunity to talk with the seller and build a good relationship prior to closing. What a rush! What an experience!

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I found this deal browsing on the homesnap app

How did you finance this deal?

Conventional financing

How did you add value to the deal?

Approx 20K worth of rehab and updates. The bottom unit is a complete remodel and I put a new bathroom in the upstairs unit!

What was the outcome?

We are getting ready to rent!

Lessons learned? Challenges?

This is my first strict investment deal. Many doubts arose but after repeatedly re-looking at the numbers, I knew it was the right call. Everything was going to work out. I just knew it!

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

My realtor Kristin Brilliantes is exceptional. She is extremely responsive and motivated. I've interacted with a multitude of agents and she easily tops the list. She was in a vehicle accident prior to us first linking and coordinated someone else to meet me instead of rescheduling. During that trip is when I was able to walk through my new property for the first time. As she recovered she was with me every step of the way though closing.

Kristin you are the best!

-Solo

Loading replies...