First Investment: SFH split into 2-units via house hacking

1 Reply

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in The Dalles.

Purchase price: $271,500
Cash invested: $17,000

I am under contract for my first investment! We will be splitting the SFH into 2 apartments (2br/1ba and 1br/1ba) and living in the smaller unit to fulfill our owner-occupancy financing. Excited to make this final in a few weeks!

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

The option to split this SFH into a 2-door investment made the numbers work for me in my hot-market.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Charlie Foote in The Dalles has been our rock-star agent. He has been great to work with and has opened doors for us with other relationships. I look forward to working with him more!

What do you think about the Dalles now that you have been there six months? I live in Sherwood, and I am looking for my first rental property. Prices there seem reasonable, and might make some sense.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you