XL Storage - not your typical Self-Storage facility.

2 Replies

Investment Info:

Other commercial investment investment.

XL Storage - Medina

My father and I are currently building our first self storage facility in Medina, OH. It is not your typical self-storage facility though...... It will consist of 49 extra large units (for our customers extra large storage needs). The bays are roughly 16' x 50' with one main overhead door and a man door on the opposite side. Post frame construction, with all metal siding, roofing and interior walls. The units will have heat and electricity. Phase one to be completed by years end, and entire project completed by mid 2020.

Very cool.  What are you projecting as your rental rate for these large units.  Do you have insight into what you might get if they were unheated?  Just curious.

are these set up for trades men  who will operate out of there daily.

I like the big ones that we see on the west coast that are man caves for the premium tenant storing their million dollar motor home or their car collection.. etc.. when I bought my hanger .. I was surprised to see that many of the large hangers 50 X 60 were mainly used for anything but airplanes.. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you