I bought a dump in Columbus, OH

17 Replies

Investment Info:

Small multi-family (2-4 units) buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $80,000

I just purchased this 4 unit. I will probably have to put about $100,000 into it. I hope to rent it out at $3.000 a month. I want to refinance it and get most of my money back.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

It is a brick 4 unit (2bd 1 ba) on Rodgers Ave in Franklinton. I wanted to purchase this because the seller was motivated to get rid of it since it requires a lot of work. I hope to get all of my money back when I refinance it and cash flow $1,500/month

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I cold-called the seller.

How did you finance this deal?

Cash

How did you add value to the deal?

I am currently renovating it, new electrical and new plumbing. I will put A/C in the building. Fixing the structural issues on the outside.

What was the outcome?

I do not know yet.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I am about to learn a lot. Currently working on getting all of the tenants out.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

I am an agent. I am working with a lot of subcontractors.

@Noman Qureshi What stopped you?

@Kevin Miller I have a book of subs that I used for different tasks. I am acting as the general contractor.

@John Manner It is not. If you look at my bio you can see the inside. Fortunately, I found a fantastic demo person that hauled everything away

@Remington Lyman

Congratulations!

Putting 100k into a 4 unit - what’s your estimated time to complete rehab?

Removing tenants - is Ohio considered landlord friendly in terms of speed of removal?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you