Only 23 days to flip due to the quality school district

1 Reply

Investment Info:

Single-family residence fix & flip investment.

Purchase price: $39,900
Cash invested: $40,000
Sale price: $57,765

I saw this house on the MLS the morning that it was listed, and I knew it was a good deal at the asking price due to the desirable school district. I made a full price offer that day, and it was accepted. I bought it and found a landlord who was looking for a fixer-upper in that school district. He bought it 23 days later from me. He renovated it and rented it, and he told me it appraised for $103,000.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I check the MLS daily. I saw this on a Saturday morning the day it was listed. I knew instantly it was a good deal at the asking price. The seller was a lady who had lived there for 63 years. I made a full price offer, which was accepted that day. I sold it 23 days later to a landlord.

How did you add value to the deal?

I bought it for $39,900, which was the full asking price for the lady selling it after 63 years. I sold it for $57,765 to a landlord looking to spend around $15,000 in renovations. The landlord rented it and refinanced it. His bank appraised it for $103,000. With a 75% LTV, the landlord pulled out all his cash. This house rents for around $895 a month, which makes it a rare yet affordable unit in an award winning school district.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you