Poconos Buy and Hold (first experiment)

2 Replies

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment in Lake Ariel.

Purchase price: $89,000
Cash invested: $24,000

This is the first official home that I have closed on as of 3/13/18. It is part of an HOA.

The mindset was find something in my price range to buy and hold, and eventually would like to use equity to grab something else.

It is technically a 2 bed 2 bath, part of a gated community. Home style is a Chalet most likely a prefab.

Redid the basement, floors, and kitchen

@Ernesto Gencarelli Jr.

I’m curious as to what you are looking for in your post. And curious how you are doing in the Poconos. Personally I wouldn’t invest there but would like to hear if you are having success

@Matt M. The main idea is building equity at this time. We were gonna do an Air bnb type situation but figured out that is only best for lake front homes. We luckily found long term renters. Since we've bought the home, the community finished putting in a sewer system from septic systems and seems to have improved home values in the area.

We chose that area, because it is so congested near us. Id make a commute for peace and quiet. Nothing is set in stone but we may slow flip to our renters. everything is a little in the air as we solidify a game-plan.

And the Poconos is such a huge area so it varies. we are doing buy and hold. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here