My 1st investment property!

8 Replies

Investment Info:

Single-family residence buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $115,000
Cash invested: $3,200
Sale price: $115,000

Jacksonville, Fl.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Cash Flow

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Realtor

How did you finance this deal?

Bank Loan

Originally posted by @Kay R. :

Hey Amelie! 

Conventional Loan w/ 5% down and seller credits. Message me for more info : )

I wonder how you got a 5% conventional loan in a property in Jacksonville FL while still living in Los Angeles.
You normally need to occupy the property to get 5% conventional loans.

Correct, we fully intended to live in the home. Unfortunately, my husband's job is requiring him to stay in L.A. for a few more months due to COVID. 

Congrats on your first investment property @Kay R. !  You picked a market in Jacksonville.  With the financing you were able to get and the expected home price appreciation in the coming years, you're really going to maximize all 5 of your profit centers (cash flow, tax savings, principal paydown, home price appreciation and inflation-hedging.)  I've been investing in Jacksonville since 2006 and I'm happy to be a resource for you if I can help in any way.

Congratulations that's a great deal! I have six units in Jacksonville and would be happy to chat if you have questions for someone who is out of state. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you