MF Land Flip in San Antonio

6 Replies

Investment Info:

Other other investment in San Antonio.

Purchase price: $14,500
Cash invested: $17,500
Sale price: $40,000

Purchased an off market MF double lot in the 78207 area and sold 3 months later.

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Multifamily double lot that was available off market in an area with active new construction.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

Asking price was 17,500. Property had 1 year of back taxes and liens attached from city for lot cleanup. Offered a lower price and covered all taxes and cleared liens through title.

How did you finance this deal?

Cash.

How did you add value to the deal?

Comps based on recent MF purchases for new builds.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Chicago Title and my Realtor.

@Matthew Tyson Great job man! I'm curious as to why you didn't build something on it for cash flow or to just sell? I know that area is not the best zip code to flip in, but depending on the lot size you definitely could have built and sold, or built and had it rented out!

Thank You @Michael Guzik ! My first thought was to build, I could have fit a duplex on both lots easily. At the time though, I had my eye on some other properties and really just wanted to test my theory that I was sitting on a great property and could flip it quickly. 

Buildable lot flipping can offer low stress profits imo. Not a hundred moving parts involved is one factor. Double to triple investment is fairly common it seems. The % roi that quickly could be hard to beat. Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you