Introducing a NEW Podcast: BiggerPockets Business!!!

48 Replies

We've added a NEW podcast to our lineup! BiggerPockets Business - hosted by J & Carol Scott! 

This week's episode features none other than Josh Dorkin - Founder of BiggerPockets.

What does it take to start, scale, and sell your own business? 

Every Tuesday, J and Carol Scott ask this question to entrepreneurs of all stripes and delve into stories that go beyond the launch. From hiring and firing to marketing and raising capital, this podcast takes an honest look at the triumphs and stumbles of entrepreneurship. 

Whether you’re looking to sustain a startup or bring an idea to life, you’ll come away inspired. Tune in—and learn how to treat your business like a business. 

The first episode of this real-world MBA for entrepreneurs is being released today - but will be back next week on its normal release day of Tuesday. 

Go to https://www.biggerpockets.com/biggerpockets-business-podcast to listen or subscribe. You can find BiggerPockets Business on your favorite podcast app!

I think that it is a great idea to start a BiggerPockets Business Podcast.  I'm really excited to listen to it this morning.

By the way, I was just wondering, and I know that this might be a little bit of a stretch, but Mindy, when are you going to let me start the BiggerPockets Parenting Podcast?  My first episode will be titled "Helping your kids learn how to work: the cure for low self-esteem in today's kids."

Now this is a great idea.. although the pod casts from all the movers and shackers out there encourages BP members.

some real life talk about what it takes in the industry is a great addition..

Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl :

I think that it is a great idea to start a BiggerPockets Business Podcast.  I'm really excited to listen to it this morning.

By the way, I was just wondering, and I know that this might be a little bit of a stretch, but Mindy, when are you going to let me start the BiggerPockets Parenting Podcast?  My first episode will be titled "Helping your kids learn how to work: the cure for low self-esteem in today's kids."

well I could have used this 30 years ago  LOL

Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl :

Modern day parenting is to teach your kids to depend on you and it's disguised as selflessness and love.  In reality, it's completely selfish and fulfills the parent's desire to be needed.

What am I doing preaching to a therapist...

Originally posted by @Mike Dymski :
Originally posted by @Shiloh Lundahl:

Modern day parenting is to teach your kids to depend on you and it's disguised as selflessness and love.  In reality, it's completely selfish and fulfills the parent's desire to be needed.

What am I doing preaching to a therapist...

Or you see it every day why   why am I trying to get financial freedom in real estate.. number one answer by guru's  so I can spend more time with my kids .. LOL.. I love my kids but at a certain time we all need space and they need to grow up.. :) 

Originally posted by @Michinori Kaneko :

Like!!! @Jay Hinrichs when are YOU going to start your podcast? :)

when someone teaches me how to use a computer to do it..  Reality is J Scott is far more qualified to do this than I am ..

while I understand concepts I am not a student of them and cant dive into the detail.  

@Jay Hinrichs ha! i'm sure someone in BP can set you up with that. I listened to the podcast you were the guest speaker several times it was very helpful, and every time i see a land on sale with woods I think of your podcast haha (actually just happened yesterday!).  I think you have a lot that you can share (although you already do that via the forum already).  Thanks always for your wise responses.

Originally posted by @Michinori Kaneko :

@Jay Hinrichs ha! i'm sure someone in BP can set you up with that. I listened to the podcast you were the guest speaker several times it was very helpful, and every time i see a land on sale with woods I think of your podcast haha (actually just happened yesterday!).  I think you have a lot that you can share (although you already do that via the forum already).  Thanks always for your wise responses.

they don't call them Timber Barrons for nothing.  

The perfect addition to my weekly podcast listens. Been looking for similar podcasts to get a similar BP style of no bs stories of the trials and tribulations of starting a business. Great first episode!

@Mindy Jensen

I just listened to the podcast and it's amazing!.

From listing to all the podcasts the Jay has been on at BP. I think he will make a great podcast host. He has a unique ability to explain complex business ideas in a way that from a beginner to a season investor can learn and gain from.

Keep up the great work.

I enjoyed the episode - especially hearing about the long road to making BP what it is.  Josh’s candor was refreshing. It is great to hear someone talk about something more than hustle when it comes to building a business.  Also, it is wonderful to hear that his daughter is recovering - sending good thoughts her way!

Yes, a retirement of sorts for Joshua. Being retired poses more questions than answers. Should be interesting to watch this young man working to figure out his new lifestyle. Certainly appreciate his openness and honesty- that takes a lot of guts!

@Mindy Jensen

Fantastic first episode interviewing Josh Dorkin. While I’ve listened to a TON of his podcasts, I loved hearing his story from starting as a founder, scaling it with great people, and stepping away due to family obligations. I got a lot out of his lessons learned, but how he focused most on staying true to the vision. Great start and looking for more great interviews to come!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here