Real Estate classes worth it?

4 Replies

Hi!

My husband and I are looking to begin investing in real estate and become agents.

Maybe this is a silly question, but is it worth it to take a $1,000 preparation class for the exam, or would it be better to just study on our own, and look for opportunities to assist someone experienced and learn “on-the-job”? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I I know someone that was not very good at taking tests and she paid several hundred dollars for a study program. It helped her and she was able to pass the exam her first try.

On the other hand, I think about half of the people I know passed the test on their first try and the majority of the other is passed it on the 2nd so that would be the cheaper option. The instructors are pretty good amount teaching you what you need to know to pass the exam but the additional study material may be useful if you have difficulty with testing or are nervous about it.

@Jennifer Papafio

What Texas city are you located in. There are probably more economical alternatives to a $1000 Prep Class to take the State Exam.

I'm presuming you've have taken all the pre-requisite courses to qualify to take the state Licensing test!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you