BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
John Giachino
Votes |
BRRRR opportunity - any advice?

John Giachino
Posted Jul 6 2022, 05:43

Currently working on getting some estimates for this, but I've got some rough numbers. I've been listening to every podcast I can get my hands on and everything I can read online, but just wanted some additional opinions or advice from the pros. I'm looking at a house in an up and coming neighborhood of OKC. I spoke with owner yesterday and he said there is some foundation work that needs to be done. I am having someone go out and look at this soon to get actual estimates. Other details: house will need to be completely remodeled - new everything. House is less than 1500 sq ft. and about 100 years old with some cool architecture that goes with the area. Initial price is looking at 60K (although I believe we will be coming down from that, but let's use 60K for the numbers). I am confident that the the ARV is at minimum 200K after running some comps (I am licensed agent with access to MLS, and I am having another agent run some comps as well). Again, I haven't gotten a contractor out there to the house quite yet, but with these numbers, as long as the Rehab comes in under 80K (foundation repair included), then add 10K for cost of loans and any other miscellaneous expenses, we should be coming out to a perfect BRRRR at 150K in total and 200K ARV for the refinance. These numbers are just estimates, but I am confident that these are accurate. What I'm really asking is what should I be looking for here, and what are things I should be keeping in mind. Is there anything I am not accounting for?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...