Skip to content
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Arman Ali
Votes |
Do any investors recommend a general contractor?

Arman Ali
Posted Jun 20 2022, 14:12

I am looking for a GC to do a project ASAP. Must be willing to respond to my scope of work with line item bid for cost of labor and material 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jun 20 2022, 19:11

@Arman Ali if you are looking for a local GC in your area then we should have you network in your area.  You might get some locals to respond here but if you already know what you need - then let's go local.  There are many groups that meet across the country. Some post here on the Bigger Pockets Marketplace. Many post on meetup.com. Even facebook will have pages like "Atlanta Real Estate Investors" or something like that.  Networking is always a great practice and you never know who you might meet there and what good information they have to share. Would certainly recommend visiting if one is close to you.

Guaranteed Rate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Rick Baggenstoss
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Replied Jun 25 2022, 10:37

@Arman Ali. I hope you're looking elsewhere.  BP is not a great place for GCs.  

Additionally, you need to characterize your scope so you get a better match.  Some GCs are great at cosmetic rehabs, others can do extensive framing, etc.  I wouldn't hire one GC for the other type of scope.  You need to look locally as well.

One good tip is to check the permitting database in your area for a job you remember going well.  You can find the GC who pulled the permit.  If you have a good plumber or painter, you might ask them too.  Good contractors know other good contractors.

GaREIA Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.