• Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
How to find a rockstar wholesaler

Grant Speer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jun 22 2022, 18:39

I'm starting to pursue off market deals for BRRRR projects oppose to the MLS buy & hold strategy I've been doing. I wanted to reach out to the community to see if you all have advise on identifying trustworthy wholesalers, any tactics you've used in communicating your buy box, putting in place systems, etc...... Really appreciate any learnings that can be passed along!

Cleveland, Ohio

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Andrew Postell#1 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jun 23 2022, 08:52

@Grant Speer the best way I have found to find wholesalers is through networking.  And this post is a form of networking but networking in person is better.  I also noticed that maybe you don't live in the area you are looking to invest in - so lean on Facebook to connect to real estate investor groups.  Use the search of "Real Estate Investor Cleveland" or "Rental Property Cleveland", or some combination of that, and then join those group pages and start asking around.  For Cleveland I would suggest getting signed up with 8-10 wholesalers.  And if you stick with that market you'll need to update your list periodically but let's try that first and see where you go.  Hope all of that makes sense.

Lender Texas (#392627)

User Stats

Votes
Grant Speer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Replied Jun 23 2022, 09:00

@Andrew Postell Really good advise on how to tab into resources! Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias
  • Realtor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 23 2022, 12:37

Create them! Call every bird dog sign you see and see if they have any deals. Some put out signs and are not sure what to do after, teach them and groom them. They will do everything they can in their power to find you that deal!!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Silver Spring, MD
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Silver Spring, MD
Replied Jun 23 2022, 13:47

Hi @Grant Speer, there are a lot of great wholesalers on BP for you to network with.

Go to the "Network" tab and search the area that you are looking for. Then, simply look for the "Wholesaler" tab and connect.

Facebook groups are also a good resource. They are looking for investors too so it should not be too hard to get connected.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

User Stats

Votes
Grant Speer
  • Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • New York City, NY
Replied Jun 24 2022, 10:16

Love the mindset @Eliott Elias

@Andrew Garcia appreciate it, already identified a few using the Networking feature.

@Travis Hill Always open to connecting, I'll DM you.

User Stats

Votes
James Wise
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 10 2022, 06:31
Quote from @Grant Speer:

I'm starting to pursue off market deals for BRRRR projects oppose to the MLS buy & hold strategy I've been doing. I wanted to reach out to the community to see if you all have advise on identifying trustworthy wholesalers, any tactics you've used in communicating your buy box, putting in place systems, etc...... Really appreciate any learnings that can be passed along!

You'll have better luck finding Big Foot than a Rockstar wholesaler in Cleveland. However, if you'd like to look at some photos of random properties in the Ghetto that are listed on Craigslist for 3x what they are worth, by dudes without high school diplomas, Cleveland's got a ton of that for you.

User Stats

Votes
Travis Hill
  • Investor
  • Multiple
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Multiple
Replied Aug 3 2022, 09:54
Quote from @James Wise:
Quote from @Grant Speer:

You'll have better luck finding Big Foot than a Rockstar wholesaler in Cleveland. However, if you'd like to look at some photos of random properties in the Ghetto that are listed on Craigslist for 3x what they are worth, by dudes without high school diplomas, Cleveland's got a ton of that for you.

Hey @James Wise I think I know those guys as well!