BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Aayush Shah
Votes |
looking to connect with other real estate investors, and others

Aayush Shah
Posted Jul 12 2022, 13:41

Hi, I am looking to do my first BRRRR by one year from today in the Orlando area, and was looking to build my network and connections so that I am able to do it the right way. I have done a lot of research on the strategy thus far but just want to get some insight from experienced individuals.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn McCormick
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jul 12 2022, 14:13

Hi @Aayush Shah, congrats on taking the first steps. Orlando is a great market and very active investor community. One of the great places to meet and network with other investors is joining/attending local meet up groups, including CFRI. They actually are having the monthly general meeting tonight in Orlando, short notice, but worth it if you can come. Reach out if you ever want to chat about the area or need some advice from a local. 

Best of luck!

User Stats

Votes
Aayush Shah
Votes |
Replied Jul 12 2022, 18:55

@Shawn McCormick Hey Shawn, thanks for reaching out! Wish I could've made it out, but was already booked this evening. Maybe next time! I will definitely reach out to understand the area a bit more. I am in the Lake Mary area, but looking anywhere in Orlando and surrounding areas. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 5% down loan options. Access the BEST deals in the US in one place. Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Jack Faysash
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 12 2022, 19:35

Invest near UCF and you can skip the rehab! College students won't mind a very average place haha, but all about the tenants base you're looking for.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jul 13 2022, 20:13

@Aayush Shah as mentioned above, visit your local REI groups. There are many groups that meet across the country. Some post here on the Bigger Pockets Marketplace. Many post on meetup.com. Even facebook will have some. Networking is always a great practice and you never know who you might meet there and what good information they have to share. I mean, posting is a form of networking but really we should be going local for this one. Would certainly recommend visiting if one is close to you.

Guaranteed Rate Logo