Skip to content
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Daniels
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Votes |
New investor to connect with experience real estate investor.

Antonio Daniels
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Posted Jul 18 2022, 15:11

Hi my name is Antonio Daniels I am a local firefighter in the Cincinnati ohio area. I am new to real estate investing I am looking to connect with some like-minded people. I am looking in the Cincinnati, and dayton area at the moment. What would you do to get started connecting with more like minded people. There are not a lot of meet ups that are taking place. and would like to get started asap. I am looking to follow the BRRR method. Please help thanks in advanced for any help that is giving.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 18 2022, 19:02

Hi Antonio- I am not in your area but you are making a great first step. I'd be surprised if there wasn't already a meetup in your area but if there isn't, start one! You are already in the best place to do that. 

Otherwise, keep watching the listings while building your network to find better off market deals. If you find something in a good area where the numbers work, then jump in and get some experience. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it shows that you have some skin in the game and are willing to go after it. I see a lot of posters here who ask for mentors (and to be clear, not saying this is you) that are often ignored because nobody wants to hold someone's hand while they kick tires at every dealership around town and bring no actual value to the interaction. Since you are a firefighter, you should have a good idea of the various neighborhoods, which should help you and others make better investing decisions, so be sure to leverage that! 

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Daniels
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Replied Jul 18 2022, 19:49

I really appreciate your well thought out response. You are definitely spot on with the mentorship piece, which I am trying to avoid that normal pitfall and instead try to figure out how to add value. thanks again 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 19 2022, 07:27
Quote from @Antonio Daniels:

Hi my name is Antonio Daniels I am a local firefighter in the Cincinnati ohio area. I am new to real estate investing I am looking to connect with some like-minded people. I am looking in the Cincinnati, and dayton area at the moment. What would you do to get started connecting with more like minded people. There are not a lot of meet ups that are taking place. and would like to get started asap. I am looking to follow the BRRR method. Please help thanks in advanced for any help that is giving.

Hi Antonio,

Here is the link to the meet ups that BP has posted on Cincinnati https://www.biggerpockets.com/.... If you go to the Networking then click on meet ups you can find any place and see if they have started a meet up or not. Those two markets are great markets. I think it is crucial to find a mentor that is doing what you want to do. Even if it is just for a short time. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied Jul 19 2022, 07:36

@Antonio Daniels
Start reaching out to investors here on Biggerpockets and connecting with them here. Go in forums relating to Cincy and reach out to investors in the area. 

Reafco- Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jul 20 2022, 07:18
Quote from @Antonio Daniels:

Hey Antonio,

Congrats on taking that first step into Real Estate investing! Definitely figure out when there are meetups in your area. There are a few here in Cincinnati that you can start going to. I think one meets at Madtree in the Oakley area. Start building a team that can assist you moving forward as well (Realtor, contractors, PM, financing, etc.) Best of luck with everything and do not hesitate to reach out!

Jordan

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jul 22 2022, 18:17

Hi Antonio, I see you're from Cincinnati, Oh. There is a great monthly meeting at Madtree Brewing in Cincinnati. it is the first Thursday every month. I am an assistant for the agent that hosts it, and even before I was hired by him, it was a great very social meeting. Pretty relaxed as well. You can find the information in the local meet ups section of BP posted by "Zac Elliot"!

User Stats

Votes
Mateo Oquendo-Chandler
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amelia, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Amelia, OH
Replied Jul 26 2022, 04:54
Quote from @Sam McCormack:

Hi Antonio, I see you're from Cincinnati, Oh. There is a great monthly meeting at Madtree Brewing in Cincinnati. it is the first Thursday every month. I am an assistant for the agent that hosts it, and even before I was hired by him, it was a great very social meeting. Pretty relaxed as well. You can find the information in the local meet ups section of BP posted by "Zac Elliot"!

Agreed. Consider coming to our next meetup on August 4th. Great chance to just talk about anything real estate. Can get feedback on thoughts, different perspectives on topics, and hear the experiences from other investors in the business in our local market.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Cornwell#1 Real Estate Success Stories Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Joseph Cornwell#1 Real Estate Success Stories Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Aug 2 2022, 13:05

@Antonio Daniels Hey!

I was a full time police officer in Deer Park for 10 years before going into REI full time. I have utilized the BRRRR method the past 7 years on several deals. I am happy to set up a time to chat if you have questions or need feedback. Feel free to reach out, good luck on your journey!

User Stats

Votes
Antonio Daniels
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati ohio
Replied Aug 3 2022, 05:27

Thanks for reaching out I truly appreciate it. I would love to grab coffee and pick your brain a little. I am looking to get my first deal, and I am ready to get going.