Skip to content
BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat

User Stats

Votes

BRRRR Question - How does Refinance launch me forward?

Joshua Nicewaner
Posted Oct 11 2022, 08:01

I owe $17,000 on a Rental Investment (10/1 ARM) - Initial Loan Investment at $30,000. Current home value - $80,000. With the current interest rate hikes in mind, what do you recommend I do with the investment? The equity upside is much higher than cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Goldman
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Pennsylvania
Replied Oct 11 2022, 09:45

Hi @Joshua Nicewaner   

In order to evaluate the efficacy of refinancing your rental you will need to provide a broker the following information:

1. Your credit score

2. Rent

3. Taxes and insurance

Because this is a small loan you will need to find a local bank or credit union. Hard money lenders will not lend under 100k. The property has to have a 1.25 debt service coverage for a bank or credit union. Most banks will shorten the term on a small loan so you may be looking at a 5-15. Or even a 10 year fixed. I would reach out to a broker or lender and see what loan amount and term your rent and credit support. Good luck, 

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Stuckey
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Oct 12 2022, 19:50

Hard money loans below 100k are certainly possible.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 12 2022, 20:13

If you're finding deals to close on take the cash out. Otherwise not a good time to refinance or sell