Pro Member
  • St.Pete
Votes |
Sqft multipliers for rehab cost

Travis Nachman
Pro Member
  • St.Pete
Posted Oct 19 2022, 09:15

Ive watched some videos on this, but none of them are in Florida market or new (inflation). If you are quickly analyzing a deal, what numbers do you use for a only cosmetic, cosmetic with some big stuff like roof, and full gut?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Oct 19 2022, 14:42

@Travis Nachman what you are asking is VERY difficult. Even in Florida your numbers might have just changed because of what just occurred there. You absolutely have to lean on other real estate investors that are local to you for this information. Visit your local REI groups. There are many groups that meet across the country. Some post here on the Bigger Pockets Marketplace. Many post on meetup.com. Even facebook will have some. Networking is always a great practice and you never know who you might meet there and what good information they have to share. Would certainly recommend visiting if one is close to you.

Guaranteed Rate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nicolas A. Scaron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 20 2022, 10:30

I agree with Andrew. You can also touch base with a local property manager and contractor to have a better gauge on operating costs and/or for renovations.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Travis Nachman
Pro Member
  • St.Pete
Votes |
Pro Member
  • St.Pete
Replied Oct 20 2022, 14:22

Thank you for the advice.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 22 2022, 09:33

I don't like the price per square foot method, I have walked so many properties that I know in my head what things will cost. It's something you have to have the instinct for