• Florence, KY
Votes |
Old heating and cooling to central HVAC conversion cost

Chalew Stock
  • New to Real Estate
  • Florence, KY
Posted May 21 2023, 14:18

Hello BP community,

I'm interested in a two-level house with the following combination of heating and cooling systems. The upper level is heated by radiators and cooled by central AC, with additional use of window units. The basement is currently not heated, relying on window units and plug-in heaters. There is also an extension room that utilizes a heat pump. Considering these different systems and the total area of the house, what are your thoughts on the overall efficiency and effectiveness of this setup? 

Additionally, if I were to explore options for improving the heating and cooling systems, what suggestions or estimated costs would you recommend? I value your insights and expertise. 

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Postell
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied May 23 2023, 10:16

@Chalew Stock so this is the BRRRR Method forum. If this is part of the "REHAB" step that you are taking then you should be leaning on your contractor to advise you in this area.  Make sure you understand how much your "BUY" lender can provide you and take that number against the purchase price and "REHAB" costs and that's usually what you need to know to learn if it's a good deal or not.  Hope that makes sense how I am describing it. 

Guaranteed Rate Logo