• Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
Gainesville Florida Investors

Wesley Hall
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Apr 27 2022, 05:36

I am new to real estate investing and would like to start here in Gainesville Florida. I've been to a REIA meeting in Ocala, but was hoping for something closer to me here in Gainesville. Does anyone host meetings here locally?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Talcott
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Replied Apr 27 2022, 06:02

investing in property in Gainesville? and/or investors residing Gainesville + investing anywhere?

For investing-in-Gainesville-property, I'd be interested in figures on the employer base--i.e., evidence that it's not over reliant on University of Florida

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Apr 27 2022, 07:03

I operate a STR in in Gainesville and a vast majority of the travelers come for other reasons besides UF. I just grossed $6300+ last month on a 270k property which is a pretty solid return.

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 1 2022, 11:04
Quote from @Nick Velez:

I operate a STR in in Gainesville and a vast majority of the travelers come for other reasons besides UF. I just grossed $6300+ last month on a 270k property which is a pretty solid return.

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up

Hi Nick, can you share the meet up info with me as well?  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 1 2022, 11:26
Quote from @Nick Velez:

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up. 

Hey there I am also interested in connecting with a group here in Gainesville. Could you connect me too?  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 3 2022, 20:19
I would also love to have the details on the meet up if possible. Thanks!

Jordan

Quote from @Nick Velez:

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Aug 4 2022, 05:38

@Jordan Hall

If you go on facebook and type in Gainesville Fl, Bigger pockets investor meet up, it should pop up!