• Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Votes |
Gainesville Florida Investors

Wesley Hall
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Gainesville, FL
Posted Apr 27 2022, 05:36

I am new to real estate investing and would like to start here in Gainesville Florida. I've been to a REIA meeting in Ocala, but was hoping for something closer to me here in Gainesville. Does anyone host meetings here locally?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Talcott
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Replied Apr 27 2022, 06:02

investing in property in Gainesville? and/or investors residing Gainesville + investing anywhere?

For investing-in-Gainesville-property, I'd be interested in figures on the employer base--i.e., evidence that it's not over reliant on University of Florida

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Apr 27 2022, 07:03

I operate a STR in in Gainesville and a vast majority of the travelers come for other reasons besides UF. I just grossed $6300+ last month on a 270k property which is a pretty solid return.

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 1 2022, 11:04
Quote from @Nick Velez:

I operate a STR in in Gainesville and a vast majority of the travelers come for other reasons besides UF. I just grossed $6300+ last month on a 270k property which is a pretty solid return.

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up

Hi Nick, can you share the meet up info with me as well?  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 1 2022, 11:26
Quote from @Nick Velez:

As far as meet ups, there is one hosted at world of beer.  Shoot me a message and I will connect you with Jennifer who is a local realtor and I believe helps organize the meet up. 

Hey there I am also interested in connecting with a group here in Gainesville. Could you connect me too?  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 3 2022, 20:19
I would also love to have the details on the meet up if possible. Thanks!

Jordan

Quote from @Nick Velez:

User Stats

Votes
Nick Velez
  • Lender
  • Florida
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Florida
Replied Aug 4 2022, 05:38

@Jordan Hall

If you go on facebook and type in Gainesville Fl, Bigger pockets investor meet up, it should pop up!

User Stats

Votes
Sophia Hartgrove
  • Wholesaler
  • Gainesville & Denver
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Gainesville & Denver
Replied Sep 16 2023, 08:11

Hi Wesley, I'm looking into investing in the Gainesville markets as well. Let me know if you would like to talk about strategies as rookies. I just joined the Facebook page as well. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Shawn K Hicks
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gainesville FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gainesville FL
Replied Sep 16 2023, 09:48

The next meet up is October 19th starting at 5:45/6. The most recent meeting this past Thursday was held at Swamphead Brewery. There’ll be an update prior to the 19th to clarify if it’ll also be at Swamphead or another location.

User Stats

Votes
Thu Minh Dam
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Sep 17 2023, 13:35
Quote from @Shawn K Hicks:

The next meet up is October 19th starting at 5:45/6. The most recent meeting this past Thursday was held at Swamphead Brewery. There’ll be an update prior to the 19th to clarify if it’ll also be at Swamphead or another location.

Hi Shawn, I am finding a realtor in Gainesville, FL. Can you contact me ? I tried to reach you through “Find an agent” tap on Bigger Pockets web but it doesn’t work.

User Stats

Votes
Shawn K Hicks
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gainesville FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Gainesville FL
Replied Sep 17 2023, 13:49
Quote from @Thu Minh Dam:
Quote from @Shawn K Hicks:

Hi Shawn, I am finding a realtor in Gainesville, FL. Can you contact me ? I tried to reach you through “Find an agent” tap on Bigger Pockets web but it doesn’t work.

Yes, I will reach out to you in a few minutes.