• Tarpon Springs, FL
Votes |
Wholesale Friendly Title Companies

Tyler S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Posted Oct 21 2014, 04:35

Greetings,

I am looking for a title company to handle closings in the North Pinellas / South Pasco county area who is wholesaler friendly and does assignment closings and double closings.

I have called several in my area and they all will to assignments (although sounded reluctant to do so) and all said double closings (using the buyers money to close) are illegal in Florida.  I have not been able to find any Florida law that prohibits this.

User Stats

Votes
Jon Holdman
  • Mercer Island, WA
Votes |
  • Mercer Island, WA
ModeratorReplied Oct 21 2014, 05:20

Double closings with the end buyer's cash are just about a thing of the past.  Look into using a transactional lender to fund your purchase.

User Stats

Votes
John Chapman
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Alexandria, VA
Replied Oct 21 2014, 05:27

@Jon Holdman This is the first time I've seen someone actually state that...thanks for your insight. I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention it! I'll keep that bit of information handy.

Ignite Funding  logo
Ignite Funding
|
Sponsored
Maximize Your Returns with Trust Deeds Earn 10%-12% annually on collateralized real estate investments. No fees to invest.

User Stats

Votes
Laura Richards
  • Attorney
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Oct 21 2014, 07:28

You need to call Southeast Professional Title, LLC in Maitland FL. They close all over FL. Their marketing guy is on BP. His name is @Ryan Kopczyk. They close about 100 deals a month and 90 of those are for investors. Whoever told you that double closing are illegal is misinformed. Same goes for simultaneous closing. If not done correctly - yes- they CAN be illegal, but an established an experienced title agent can handle them.

User Stats

Votes
Tyler S.
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Votes |
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Replied Oct 21 2014, 08:05

Thanks Laura. Do they travel to the area of the closing?  or do it all by mail?

User Stats

Votes
Eric M.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Oct 21 2014, 09:23

It isn't that old-style "double" closings are illegal in Florida (or any) law but that they are against lending regulations.  But the term double closing is also sometimes confused.

These transactions are A-B and then B-C.  You cannot use the C money for the A purchase.  Must be seperate funds, which is what Transactional funding is for.  The new transaction is more appropriately called a back to back transaction where they are separate but happen the same day.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Davis
  • Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Asheville, NC
Replied Oct 21 2014, 10:23

@Tyler S. recommendation.  They are an investor friendly title company and will get it done for you!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon M.
  • Agent / Investor
  • Clearwater, FL
Votes |
  • Agent / Investor
  • Clearwater, FL
Replied Oct 21 2014, 12:52

@Tyler S. - Another title company you might want to talk to is Anchor Title & Associates on Clark St in Tampa. My friend Chris owns the company, he is basically a real estate investor who also owns a title company on the side, so he is obviously super familiar with investor deals as he is doing them all day every day himself. I use him for all of my real estate deals myself. 

Disclaimer: Chris is a personal friend of mine but I am not affiliated with or being compensated in any way for this referral. 

User Stats

Votes
Tyler S.
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Votes |
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Replied Oct 21 2014, 14:18

Thank you Brandon, these are great leads.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Harbor, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Harbor, FL
Replied Oct 21 2014, 17:37

I was directed to Advantage Title Partners in Clearwater by the guy that heads my local REIA.

User Stats

Votes
Tia L.
Votes |

investor friendly title companies Indianapolis in

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 15 2022, 20:23

I’m looking for a wholesale contract document template that I can use any information or any help

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Nov 16 2022, 20:23

@Tyler S.

Many wholesalers in the Tampa area use

Albatross Title Services

One Progress Plaza, 200 Central Ave 4th Floor, St. Petersburg, FL 33701

They are familiar with assignments, blind HUDs, double closings and deals that are more complex with probate or Power of Attorneys, etc.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Stern
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Nov 18 2022, 05:33

@Tyler S. It is not illegal, check out rocket title services in tampa they can close in other counties for you and they have always been great for my closings on deals I’ve wholesaled. Check them out, extremely smooth process no issues with assignments.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 30 2023, 07:01

did you ever find someone to do double closings in Florida? can you use the end buyers funds to close on you transaction first ?