Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Votes |
South Tampa Market Questions

Tim Kaminski
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted May 19 2016, 11:30

Hey Guys,

I've only been living in South Tampa for about 10 months now because that is where my work is located.  Originally from Cincinnati.  I'm renting currently, but I am going to start looking for multi families to invest in/house hack to gain some experience.  I work for a home builder that mainly does all their work in South Tampa so I have a general sense of what homes around here would cost and I don't think I could afford much property down here even with 3.5-5% down.  Possibly south of Interbay towards MacDill Air Force Base?

Hoping to gain some insight on areas around me that other investors are familiar with and would recommend looking into. Would you recommend using a REI friendly realtor on my first investment or try a driving for dollars route?

Also, are there any benefits for putting down a larger down payment (3.5% vs 5,10%)? 

Again, multi family (Duplex or Triplex), most likely using a FHA loan to finance, and house hacking so I can get myself started down this REI path. I was thinking north around UT where I know demand will be but also see potential around St. Pete area where vacationers and the such are always coming into. Regardless, I don't know these areas as well and would appreciate some insight.

Would love to hear your opinions! Also, if you know of any quality REIA's around here, please let me know!

Thanks guys,

Tim

Loading replies...