Skip to content
Local Real Estate Networking

User Stats

Votes
Rafiq S.
  • Western New York
Votes |
How to approach a new area (From NYC Tristate to Western NY)

Rafiq S.
  • Western New York
Posted Dec 7 2017, 16:26

Hey, everyone, I hope you are all doing well. I've just recently got into this real estate thing, and honestly I'm really excited about it. 

Due to family obligations, I'm moving to Western New York early next year. I've lived in the Tri-state area of New York for most of my life. From what I hear, the two areas aren't comparable in the slightest. From Real Estate needs to Transit (or lack there of in Monroe County) to Lifestyle. Frankly, it was daunting at first, but I realize there are many obstacles to get over, so I might as well start with this first one.

I feel the best way to ask this is how do you get a pulse for a new Market? I'm certainly going to talk to realtors when I get up there, but I'm talking about starting a new passion and driving force in an area that's really foreign to me. Should I look for investors in the market? Should I try to get investors here in the tri-state area before moving up? 

Essentially, I'm asking you all what have you found to work best when going to a completely different area than what you're used to? Especially from the finding  mentor/investor in new areas side of things.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you all have a great holiday season

Determined to own his first Property by next year,

Raf S. 

Loading replies...