500k to invest . But need direction to where should I invest

8 Replies

Hi everyone Me and my family currently live in state of Wisconsin but moving to Orlando Florida next year . So I have money to invest but need some direction which avenues to invest in and will it provide me a income for few years until I decide if I want to get a job in Florida or buy a business.

Caution on telling the world how much cash you have.. you will get solicited by many .. and many will not be ready for prime time. 

you may want to talk with a good CPA and or money manager and come up with a strategy.

Its hard to give feedback when folks dont know your experince level

But this being a rental / landlord site.. 90% of the folks with tell you to buy rentals.. and or an apartment.

some other options in the real estate space are.

1. syndications.. for Notes and fixed assets.

2. buying performing notes .. good performers are very passive.

3. Hooking up with some good builders and doing some new construction in hot markets.. this can be the highest returns.  we usually double our cash on cash in 12 months or less.. hard to beat that for just pure return.

4. Well positioned timber land for long term growth.. Trees basically take no maintenance and just grow bigger each year.

5.  and then of course rentals.. which again is what 95% of the folks here do and will recommend.

6. forgot short term lending.. to fix and flippers.

@Jay Hinrichs thanks for your reply . I don’t have much experience in real estate , I mostly was in a distribution company which I started and sold last year I ran this company for 20 years . While I was running my distribution company I bought few commercial real estate and sold so that’s my real estate experience.

Originally posted by @Imran Maqbool :

Jay Hinrichs thanks for your reply . I don’t have much experience in real estate , I mostly was in a distribution company which I started and sold last year I ran this company for 20 years . While I was running my distribution company I bought few commercial real estate and sold so that’s my real estate experience.

Got it if commercial is what you understand you may want to get with some really good commercial brokers and look at that space.. be cautious as I said on social media reaching out like this.. you will no doubt get a bunch of PM's with great ideas for your money LOL 

@Imran Maqbool I completely agree with the feedback @Jay Hinrichs gave you about posting the amounts on social media as well as his list of recommendations. 

I'll add that determine on how active or passive you'd like to be, and then make your selections. F.e. notes and syndications allow to invest with minimal effort/time of your own, but you have to educate yourself first in these and all other areas. So by investing passively first (some portion of your money), you can take the next steps and thing about more engaged investments, such as for instance, new development and educate yourself in that arena prior to getting engaged in it. 

Happy to share my experience with syndications. Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Best!