• Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Santa Clarita Mastermind

Jin Kim
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Posted Oct 5 2020, 00:14

Hello my Santa Clarita Valley People!

I wanted to see who lives in the SCV to start a network program if possible.

And if you are from the valley area (Granada Hills, Sylmar, North Hills, etc.) feel free to reach out!

Hopefully if we get a decent amount of response, we can do a monthly meet up to just mastermind together and each other advice.

Look forward to hearing from everyone in the SCV!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 26 2022, 08:20
Quote from @Joshua Sinatra:

Hey @Shoshanna Douglas

Here is a link to the last meetup page. We will be posting up a new one soon as its looking like October 12th is the next meetup. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

There is a lot of opportunity to value add in SCV, especially if you plan to buy a primary and fix it up while you live there. I did it recently as well. 

Thank you looking forward to meetup! I was a little curious as to the strategy you and other investors are seeing here terms of a cash out refinance. I was looking at a couple of houses and the renovations were about 80k and I think that would be locked up for a few years. I understand it won't be a homerun BRRRR, but would be nice to get at least half of it back out. Also I am seeing a lot of room for rent listings but doesn't seem like a lot of them get rented quickly. So trying to understand the demand here as well.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Sinatra
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Sep 26 2022, 09:14
Quote from @Shoshanna Douglas:
Quote from @Joshua Sinatra:

Hey @Shoshanna Douglas

Here is a link to the last meetup page. We will be posting up a new one soon as its looking like October 12th is the next meetup. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

There is a lot of opportunity to value add in SCV, especially if you plan to buy a primary and fix it up while you live there. I did it recently as well. 

Thank you looking forward to meetup! I was a little curious as to the strategy you and other investors are seeing here terms of a cash out refinance. I was looking at a couple of houses and the renovations were about 80k and I think that would be locked up for a few years. I understand it won't be a homerun BRRRR, but would be nice to get at least half of it back out. Also I am seeing a lot of room for rent listings but doesn't seem like a lot of them get rented quickly. So trying to understand the demand here as well.

Right now we are seeing better deals due to the interest rates. A lot of would be buyers are waiting on the sidelines right now which has eased demand and sellers are settling at better prices. I recently got one 60k under asking that appraised for 100k more before my client even started updates. I have another one in escrow we got for 250k below asking price which will definitely appraise higher. 
I would say right now is the time to negotiate a great deal as your numbers need to be padded right now and have potential to pull out most of what you put in. It is harder to flip in this market right now, but for buy and hold and the BRRRR strategy, I believe you have a lot of opportunity. 
The Sinatra Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam Endeman
  • Santa Clarita
Votes |
  • Santa Clarita
Replied Nov 25 2022, 20:10

Does anybody have any deals in mind or know of something out there that could be good? I've been looking for seller financing more with how things have been lately just need to find some hungry sellers. The MLS is looking a little better as far as listings sitting a bit longer.

Sorry I haven’t kept up with this thread much but still would love to do some investing in my home town if possible!

happy Thanksgiving y’all.

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Dec 5 2022, 09:20
Quote from @Stacey Ocampo:

@Will Barnard

Hi Will! I’m part of David Greene’s team and extending an invite to a meet up I’m hosting at Lucky Luke Brewing in Santa Clarita. It’s this upcoming Monday, the 28th from 6-730pm. I want to gather as much as I can to meet others around here and would love for you to come join!

Here’s the link to the flyer and an RSVP so I can get a head count😊

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/local-santa-clarita-real-estate-meet-up-tickets-474284767507

Thanks for invite Stacey but I did not see this until after the meeting. Please let me know in more advance of your next meetup. TY.

Will Barnard

User Stats

Votes
Stacey Ocampo
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Dec 19 2022, 15:31

@Will Barnard Hi Will, it was a last minute meet up, apologies for the last-minute notification! We have another upcoming this January 12 which is a Thursday from 6 to 8 PM if you can make it! Would love to have you there. And I can direct message you on the info 

User Stats

Votes
Adam Endeman
  • Santa Clarita
Votes |
  • Santa Clarita
Replied Dec 21 2022, 11:53
Quote from @Stacey Ocampo:

@Will Barnard Hi Will, it was a last minute meet up, apologies for the last-minute notification! We have another upcoming this January 12 which is a Thursday from 6 to 8 PM if you can make it! Would love to have you there. And I can direct message you on the info 

hey Stacey would love to have the meet up info as well :)

User Stats

Votes
Stacey Ocampo
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Dec 21 2022, 12:09

@Adam Endeman let me go ahead and message you!

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Jan 5 2023, 10:59

Great, send me message with info for upcoming Jan 12th meeting.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Daniel
Pro Member
  • St. Louis, Mo
Votes |
Pro Member
  • St. Louis, Mo
Replied Jan 29 2023, 17:40

Hello I am part of SCV as well! would love to receive meetup info and network!

User Stats

Votes
Stacey Ocampo
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Replied Jan 29 2023, 19:40

@Ryan Daniel Hey! I actually started a meet up at Lucky Luke’s every second Thursday night of each month, which we did in November and January. We’re going to have our next one February 9, for anyone who can make it😊

This February 9 will be at Hoi Polloi Winery at 6pm

@Will Barnard @Tim Lounibos