• Florence, KY
Votes |
Northern Kentucky Real Estate!!

James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Posted Oct 16 2021, 07:40

Hey BiggerPockets Community!!

I am James Palovich, a local REALTOR and Real estate investor in Northern Kentucky. I wanted to open a discussion for people to ask any questions they may have. I would love to share my knowledge and long list of connections as well as learn from others!

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Bass
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 16 2021, 08:01

@James M Palovich awesome another realtor here let’s connect!

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Oct 16 2021, 09:30

@Benjamin Bass I would love to!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.

User Stats

Votes
Jaren Lerner
  • Investor
  • Shreveport, LA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Shreveport, LA
Replied Oct 16 2021, 09:45

@James Palovich What regions/cities do you consider to be Northern Kentucky? I currently live in Lexington (central Kentucky?) and I'm interested in Covington and surrounding areas, which technically is in Kentucky but part of the Cincinnati metropolitan area.

User Stats

Votes
Rob Bergeron
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Oct 16 2021, 10:17

Tim Settles is an investor/realtor I work with in Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati, and Dayton. You should reach out. 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Noble
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Oct 19 2021, 07:31

Hey james - I grew up in florence and man is it booming nowadays.  would love to connect.

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Oct 20 2021, 08:38

@Jaren Lerner I considerNorthern Kentucky to go all the way up to the Ohio River including Covington, Newport and Dayton Kentucky.

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Oct 20 2021, 08:41

@Jordan Noble it is red hot right now! I would love to connect with you!

User Stats

Votes
Marc Rice
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Oct 20 2021, 09:16

How does that spill over into Cincy?

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Oct 22 2021, 07:38

@Marc Rice Northern Kentucky is a great place if you want an area with the Cincinnati night life but don't want to live there. Many people living in Northern Kentucky commute to Cincinnati for work. The closer areas would be Covington and Newport where you can see Cincinnati from Kentucky and stretches to Dayton, Bellevue and Latonia

User Stats

Votes
Jennifer Iraheta
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Virginia
Replied Oct 22 2021, 19:17

Hi James, I am someone who plans on getting my real estate license next year. What advice would you give an 18 year old realtor that is just starting out?

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Oct 26 2021, 07:48

@Jennifer Iraheta I love to hear about new agents! I would definitely recommend learning as much as you can. The course to get the license is ok but it can be outdated and doesn’t capture everything that can happen in Real Estate. When it comes to talking to potential clients you want to be an expert, being younger you’ll have to work harder to be seen as an expert. So I say definitely take your time and learn at every chance you get!

Also, one of the best ways to get your name out there and meet people is to offer to do open houses for other agents!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 27 2021, 15:49

@James M Palovich do you know of any local meetups in the area? Would love to talk real estate with like minded people. I’m in Newport btw, im very familiar with the market in NKY

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 28 2021, 08:02

Hi James

I'm brand new to real estate investing and I want to purchase my first investment property in Massachusetts. The market is very expensive here and I don't have much capital yet. Would you recommend looking for properties in cheaper markets or should I save and stay local?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 2 2021, 13:56

Hey James! Great to hear you're an investor/realtor! Do you have any experience with commercial properties such as 30+ units? If not personally do you have any recommendations for agents that have experience with these or possibly even specialize in these deals? Thank you for your post James! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 22 2021, 09:51

I would also be interested in a Meetup in Northern KY.  Just finishing my first rehab in Newport.

User Stats

Votes
James M Palovich
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florence, KY
Replied Nov 22 2021, 21:29

Hey @Kyle Quillin !!

I do not personally have any experience in larger commercial properties. However, I have a list of agents that would love to help you out!

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Leech
  • Oceanside, Ca
Votes |
  • Oceanside, Ca
Replied Aug 28 2022, 13:47

@James M Palovich - a partner and I are looking to invest in small multi family properties in Kentucky. Are you experienced in this space? Please reach out if you are!

Thanks

-Jeremy

User Stats

Votes
Turner McHolan
  • Realtor
  • Lexington, KY (lexington)
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Lexington, KY (lexington)
Replied Oct 10 2022, 09:57

@Jeremy Leech

Hey Jeremy ! I am a REALTOR@ in Kentucky and I would love to help you out anyway I can ! If you would like we can connect through email, phone number, or zoom and can talk about what you all are looking for. Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,

Turner McHolan

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 28 2022, 15:43

Hi my name is Austin.  I'm in the banking world but more on the retail side of things.  I'm a huge soccer enthusiast and one of the things we do not have in our area is a outdoor sports complex that can be a beacon for our growing youth sports culture.   If any of you know of Warren County Sports Park and Voice of America Sports Park they are huge in the tournament world and also is a huge revenue driver with not much overhead.  I believe we can have that in NKY. I've got a business plan and a location but do not have the financing to make this happen.  This is a dream of mine and would love it if you have investors or people that share the same passion as me the maybe talk and see if we can make this dream a reality.