My Direct Mail Campaign Results Have Been Atrocious...HELP Please!

327 Replies

@Gen SteMarie thanks for the tip, I'll check both out as I look to build the next list.

@Sharon Vornholt $110 for ~650 names. Wasn't that big of an investment, but we've now spent over $600 mailing to those leads. We started with yellow letters, followed by postcards, and just initiated the second postcard mailing yesterday which will run through the end of the year due to skipping a few weeks given the holidays. I'm glad I asked the question though so we don't waste any more money mailing to that list. 

I appreciate the advice and will just start mailing to a new list now.

Originally posted by @Bilon Johnson:

Hi, I'm new to real estate and am interested in purchasing a list from list source in order to begin wholesaling. My husband and I would like to get into real estate and thought wholesaling may be the way to do so. We started our marketing efforts in June of this year and have yet to get a deal, or anything close. I wish I had seen this thread when we first began, as we may be closer to a deal and perhaps wouldn't have wasted some money. This thread has been a wealth of knowledge in helping me establish and refine my list for our next direct mail marketing campaign. 

Question for @Dev Horn: I watched your helpful YouTube video on How to Use Listsource.com to build an AOL. Can you please explain why you filter on "Total Assessed Value" vs. "Current Home Value?" Also, why do you select houses below the bell curve (i.e. less than the median home value)?

Finally for anyone who may know, is there a way to exclude a zip code using filters in Listsource.com? I purchased a list about 6 months ago for one specific zip code and do not want my new list to potentially overlap with any old leads. To take this a step further, as you purchase future lists from Listsource.com with the same filters/ criteria, is there a way to avoid re-purchasing leads that you've purchased in prior lists?

Thank you all in advance for your help and insight!

In Listsource, Current Home Value may be treated as a premium filter, meaning they may charge you extra to use it.  Total Assessed Value is straight from the county and is a "free" filter on Listsource.  That's the main reason we've always used it...

Medium wbh square logoDev Horn, We Buy Houses® | [email protected] | 877‑932‑8946 | http://webuyhouses.com/profile/arlington

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you